Certificates Of Deposit Features
Interest compounded and credited monthly
24/7 online access with online and mobile banking
High Rates You Can Bank On
$1,000 minimum deposit
More Great Rates Available
Choose the CD that’s right for you and be on your way to earning more.
That’s better banking with your interest in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
BankUnitedDirect accounts are insured up to the maximum limits through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Because BankUnitedDirect is a division of BankUnited, N.A., deposits held in BankUnitedDirect are added together with deposits held directly with BankUnited, N.A. for determining FDIC coverage. If you want to learn more about FDIC insurance limits, click here.
Accounts typically require a minimum deposit based on the product type. Currently, our minimum opening deposits are:
- Certificates of Deposit: $1,000
- Money Market: $2,500
You will need the following information to complete an online application:
- A valid social security number
- A valid U.S. ID (driver’s license or government-issued photo ID)
- Your primary contact information including physical address, telephone number and email address
- Your account number and routing number from the external bank you will use to fund your BankUnitedDirect account